New showerheads can assist decrease the quantity of water you make use of and also conserve money on your water bill. This guide reveals you exactly how to install three various kinds of showerheads: fixed-mount, hand-held, and also fixed-mount, hand-held versions mix designs, likewise referred to as a double showerhead.
Ready to discover the materials you need in your regional store?
PRIOR TO THE INSTALLATION
– Before setting up a new showerhead, you’ll first need to eliminate the old one.
– Attempt transforming the shower head by hand counter-clockwise to remove it. If you can remove it by hand, continue to Tip 2. If not, maintain reading for directions on just how to get rid of a shower head.
– Cover the jaws of slip-joint pliers with electric tape or location a towel around the shower arm to secure the finish and after that grip the shower arm with the pliers.
– Utilize an adjustable wrench to loosen up and loosen the old showerhead.
– Clean off any type of corrosion or natural resource, old tape, or leftover sealant on the shower arm threads.
– Cover Teflon tape in clockwise instructions two or three times around the strings of the shower arm.
– Press the tape into the strings.
HOW TO MOUNT A SET SHOWERHEAD
– Screw the showerhead substitute onto the shower arm in a clockwise direction and tighten.
– Turn on the water and look for leakages.
– If leaks take place, cover with Teflon tape and also thoroughly tighten up with a flexible wrench until there are no leaks.
HOW TO SET UP A HAND-HELD SHOWERHEAD
– Screw the hand-held shower mount onto the shower arm and hand-tighten.
– Attach the adaptable shower hose pipe to the mount and to the hand-held shower. Hand tightens the links.
– The area the hand-held showerhead in the install.
– Switch on the water as well as check for leaks.
– If leaks happen, use Teflon tape and very carefully tighten with a flexible wrench up until there are no leaks.
HOW TO INSTALL A COMBINATION FIXED-MOUNT AND HAND-HELD SHOWERHEAD
– Affix the diverter that transmits water to the shower head to the shower arm as well as hand-tighten.
– Screw the fixed-mount showerhead onto the end of the diverter in a clockwise direction as well as hand-tighten.
– Affix the hand-held unit place to the shower per the supplier’s instructions.
– Link the versatile shower hose pipe to the diverter and also to the hand-held shower. Hand-tighten the connections.
– The area the hand-held shower in the mount.
– Switch on the water as well as a draw away water from the fixed to the hand-held device and also check for leaks.
– If leaks happen, use Teflon tape and thoroughly tighten with an adjustable wrench until there are no leaks.